I reflect on my 20 years at Ojai Valley Community Church.
- shifted from a Evangelical/Fundamentalist Bible Theology to Jesus Centric Theology emphasizing living the teachings of Jesus-loving God, ourselves, others, indiscriminately.
- went from exclusive Membership to a member being anyone who freely joins us as long or short as they desire on the journey.
- went from Closed Communion to Open Table.
- went from men only Elders/Teachers to equality of men, women in leadership and ability to teach.
- went from LGBTQ condemning to affirming and welcoming.
- went from finances maintaining a church building to selling the building generating investment income to maintain people.
- eliminated support of Missions conversion programs-now support practical aid and humanitarian (housing, food, medicine, water wells) programs.
- went from geographically campus centered activities, to being active in the community at large!
— Pastor Paul Bergmann